Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Marketplace is a 380,000-square-foot power center located on a 50-acre site at the southeast corner of I-29/I-80 and 24th Street. Anchored by jcpenney and Shopko, with strong tenants including Petco, Shoe Carnival, Texas Roadhouse, and Culvers, this well-performing, value-based power center meets the needs of the area’s strong, working-class market.
Visibility and direct highway accessibility for over 100,000 cars per day facilitate the success of The Marketplace. Additional dynamics in the region benefit The Marketplace as well:
- The Marketplace draws on a captive trade area population of over 250,000 and daytime population within a five-mile radius of 145,000.
- Iowa has one of the lowest retail square footage per capita counts in the country.
- Market stability and growth are anchored by area employers including Offutt Air Force Base, Alegent Health, First Data, Kiewit, Union Pacific, Berkshire Hathaway, Mutual of Omaha, First National Bank of Omaha, West Corp, ConAgra, Tyson Foods, Grundorf, American Games and many others.
- Numerous regional destination attractions with a combined annual draw of more than 11 million visitors include Mid-America Center with its 8,000 seat arena; three popular casinos — Harrah’s Horse Shoe Casino and Dog Track, Ameristar Casino, and Harrah’s Riverboat Casino; Bass Pro Shop; Star Cinema 16 IMAX Theatre, Google Data Center, Rosenblatt Stadium, Henry Doorly Zoo, and CenturyLink Center.
- Near the MSA’s primary hospitality venues, with eight hotels and more than 1,300 rooms within two miles.
Morgan Weinrich • 816.876.2539